there’s this one little cafe that i pass on the way home from uni everyday but have never had the chance to visit. so after seeing a sign for a ‘$9.90 t-bone steak special’ that’s only available on monday and tuesdays, we thought we’d go today for an early celebration of the end of the first half of semester.
i ordered the t-bone steak special which came with beer battered chips and a side of salad for $11.90 (would’ve been $9.90 if not for the mediocre mushroom sauce that was an extra $2). the sister ordered the t-bone steak and the ‘bruce lee’ mocktail (which tasted like ribena) for $14.90, and mother ordered the t-bone steak with french pancakes totally $19.90.
- the beer battered chips were deliciously crispy
- the t-bone steak was surprisingly cooked to my taste considering they didn’t ask how ‘cooked’ we wanted it
- parking is a breeze compared to the alternative places we would have to go for this price/food
- close to home
- the food served was luke warm
- when asked for cups of water + a pitcher, we were given one mug with boiling water…
- the couches and tables were at a really awkward distance from each other
- the music – some heavy beats (i’m taking t-pain’s ‘apple bottom jeans’ and some eminem..) that didn’t really match the ‘atmosphere’ of the cafe. mind you it got a bit better towards when we were leaving.. some old school maroon 5 and vanessa carlton~
- since it was an open kitchen, we got wafts of the smell of the detergent/dish washing liquid where we were sitting ^ㅂ^”
I might go back, but it’ll only be to try out their dessert menu~
now playing: mr. chu – apink